How To Apply Kt Tape For Tennis Elbow
Youll need: 1 full strip, 1 half strip
1. Full Strip 1 : Tear and remove the backing paper 2 inches from one end to create a starting anchor. Reach arm across the body. With no stretch, apply the anchor just above outer elbow, directing the strip toward outer forearm and wrist. Stretch the outer forearm by turning palm down and extending wrist, fingers pointed to floor. With a light stretch, apply the strip over the boney point of the elbow and curve slightly toward the back of the wrist. Apply the last 2 inches with no stretch. Rub the strip to activate adhesion.
2. Half Strip 1 : Tear and remove the backing paper 2 inches from one end to create a starting anchor. Reach arm across body. Apply the anchor with no stretch on the back of the forearm just below the elbow, directing the strip toward the front of the forearm. With a moderate stretch, apply the strip over the area of discomfort. Apply the last 2 inches with no stretch. Rub the strip to activate adhesion.
Kinesiology Tape : Everything You Need To Know
You may have seen the colorful tape on Olympic athletes, other elite athletes, or even dedicated high school players. But if youre still not sure what kinesiology tape is, why people use it, or how to apply it, youre in the right place. Learn everything you need to know in Kinesiology Tape 101!
Get started now!
How To Kinesio Tape For Lower Back Pain
In this chiropractic video tutorial, Jupiter chiropractor, Dr. Nevel, demonstrates how to apply KT Tape and Kinesio Tape to help lower back pain.
Products used in this video:**Rock Tape Standard size**Rock Tape Bulk size**Scissors Kinesio Tape Pro Scissors
How do you kinesio tape a low back? In this video, you are going to learn how I use kinesio tape in my Jupiter, FL chiropractic practice for back pain as well as a few tips doctors use to make kinesio taping easier.
Hey guys, whats cracking? Its Dr. Nevel, aka Dr. Ginja Ninja, aka the Firecracker Chiropractor. On this channel we demonstrate different types Jupiter chiropractic treatments, do medical product reviews, as well as how-to videos just like this one. If youre new here, consider subscribing and do yourself a favor and ring that bell so you never miss one of our videos. As always, any products we use during this video will be listed in the description below. With that said, lets get cracking.
Pro tip #1: is to round the corners of the tape so it doesnt catch on clothing and youll find the tape will last longer.
Pro tip #2: to remove the tape from the paper, dont try to peel it from the edge. Instead, take the back and rip it. Then its easy to peel off.
Pro Tip #3: most adhesives stick better with heat. Rub the kinesio tape to warm it up with friction to activate the adhesive.
Recommended Reading: How Does A Diuretic Help Back Pain
How To Use Kt Tape: Spine
Disc pain can be caused by any number of conditions that affect the vital components of the spine. Discs can herniate and swell, slip away from their correct positioning between the bony vertebrae, or rupture. These issues cause pressure on the many nerves that leave the spine and make the simplest activities very painful.
Problems with spinal injury and spine pain
With the vast number of causes of pain around the spine, its nearly impossible to correctly identify exactly what is happening without professional medical diagnosis .
However, increased blood flow and reduced pressure on the nerves in the area will certainly help to decrease spine pain and inflammation.
How KT Tape can help
Using the following Kinesiology Tape application can relieve pain localised at the spine on particular vertebrae as well as some radiating pain*. However, make sure that you see a medical professional to address the root cause of the pain. Remember that disc pain can be a symptom of very serious issues. You should certainly consult a physician for proper diagnosis and treatment if you have trouble breathing, sleeping, balancing, or getting up and down out of a chair.
Summary Of The Literature
Numerous systematic reviews have shown that, with respect to pain and disability outcomes, kinesio taping does appear to have a small analgesic effect and may reduce disability . However, it is important to note that the effects are not superior to any other treatment and the clinical significance of its use remains unclear
Read Also: Ibuprofen For Back Pain Dosage
How To Apply Kt Tape For Ankle Pain
Youll need: 3 full strips
1. Rest heel on a flat surface and flex ankle in an upward direction.
2. Full Strip 1 : Tear and remove backing paper 2 inches from one end to create a starting anchor. Apply the anchor with no stretch on the outside of the ankle, in front of the ankle bone. Hold the anchor in place with one hand. With the other hand, pull the strip under the heel and up to the inside of the ankle with a moderate stretch. Apply the last 2 inches with no stretch above the inner ankle bone. Rub the strip to activate adhesion.
3. Full Strip 2 : Tear and remove the backing paper 2 inches from one end to create a starting anchor. Apply the anchor with no stretch on the inside ankle bone. Hold the anchor in place with one hand. With the other hand, pull the strip under the heel and up to the outside of the ankle with a moderate stretch. Apply the last 2 inches with no stretch above the outer ankle bone. Rub the strip to activate adhesion.
Top Reviews From The United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Don’t Miss: Does Aleve Help Back Pain
Curetape Medical Taping Concept Handbook With Dvd
The MTC Handbook by sports and pediatric physiotherapist practitioner and lecturer Harry Pijnappel is a comprehensive manual that covers the theory and practical applications of the Muscular Taping Concept style of taping. MTC is derived from the original Asian methods of kinesiology taping, but has its own unique applications due to the methods that have been refined as medical research and practical knowledge in kinesiology taping methods has grown.
MTC focuses on stimulating regeneration and self-healing in muscles, joints, organs, and the neurological/circulatory systems without restricting freedom of movement in any way. This book begins with the overview of the principles of the Medical Taping Concept including how kinesiology taping works specifically to combat pain, itching, and swelling and continues to detail how it provides support to muscles and joints. There is a general section detailing common tape cuts and applications with their uses, but the majority of the book is dedicated to the in-depth illustrations and step-by-step instructions for specific applications from TMJ in the jaw to Hammer Toe in the foot. Also included is a DVD that provides even more instruction for applications to add to what is available in the book.
*This book is written to be easy to understand, but does include medical terminology that may be difficult for introductory users.
You May Like: How To Fix A Tight Lower Back
Lower Back One Piece Pre
Buy more, SAVE more! Mix & Match on ALL pre-cuts!Save 10% when you buy 2 or more!Save 15% when you buy 6 or more!Save 20% when you buy 10 or more!* Discounts applied at cart.
Lower Back One Piece Pre-Cut Spiders
- One piece Pre-Cut design Targeted relief
- No more fumbling with multiple strips of tape
- Allows for simple consistent application
- Available in 4 colours
Read Also: Mayo Clinic Lower Back Pain Exercises
How Does Kinesiology Tape Work
Kinesiology tape is really stretchy.
Kase created Kinesio tape with a proprietary blend of cotton and nylon. Its designed to mimic the skins elasticity so you can use your full range of motion. The tapes medical-grade adhesive is also water-resistant and strong enough to stay on for three to five days, even while you work out or take showers.
When the tape is applied to your body, it recoils slightly, gently lifting your skin. It is believed that this helps to create a microscopic space between your skin and the tissues underneath it.
Can You Shower With Kinesiology Tape On
Stay out of the heat: Kinesiology tape is heat-activated, but its also water-resistant. So, while a hot tub soak or hot shower wont affect the tape, dry heat can change the chemical properties of the tape, making it sticky and hard to remove. You can still wear it outside in the summertime without worry.
Recommended Reading: Advil For Back Pain Dosage
Kt Tape For Torn Rotator Cuff
A torn rotator cuff usually occurs from overuse or extension of the shoulder or poor form during exercise. To support this area of injury, your chiropractor will develop a care plan for you. Any injury takes treatment and time for healing. KT tape can relieve pressure on the muscular tear and is also thought to improve blood flow to the area. Increased blood flow speeds healing, as well. Place a full strip of tape horizontally across the top side of the shoulder extending around to the back to the far side of the shoulder blade. Take another piece of tape, cut in half and place vertically side by side across the first piece of tape. Positioning should support the area of extension in the shoulder.
Specific Ways To Use Kt Tape
As discussed in our last blog, Kinesiology Therapeutic Sports Tape, or KT tape has many benefits when paired with chiropractic care. This article will explore specific methods of taping to offer relief to painful areas and injuries. When you are suffering from pain, KT tape can aid healing by supporting muscles, tissues and ligaments as the body employs its own natural processes.
Read Also: Advil Or Aleve For Back Pain
Whats That Weird Tape You Always See On Olympians Its Called Kt Tape Or Kinesiology Tape And Heres How To Use It On Your Back
Here’s how to use KT tape for back pain.
On this page
While watching the 2021 Summer Olympics, you may remember seeing a commercial featuring gold-medalist beach volleyball player Kerri Walsh Jennings and her endorsement of KT Tape. In the commercial, she says that this tape helps her sore back and knees and includes photos of fellow Olympians Kelley OHara and Meb Keflezighi using the tape as well. Claiming that its super easy to apply, Kerri may have piqued your interest, and now youre wondering if it might help your back pain, too.
Whether youre an athlete or not, kinesiology tape can be a help to your back and several other painful areas. Although experts say that more study is needed, some have pointed to kinesiologys tapes benefits. For example, one 2019 study found that elastic taping, as its also called, safely relieved knee pain, and reduced the need for pharmacological management in knee osteoarthritis.
When it comes to kinesio tape for lower back pain, another study says that the tape is at its most effective when its used along with other forms of pain therapies.
If youre curious about kinesio taping for , read on for insights from Theresa Marko, PT, DPT, MS, a board certified orthopedic clinical specialist in physical therapy and owner of in New York City.
How To Apply Kt Tape For Plantar Fasciitis
Youll need: 1 full strip, 2 half strips
1. Sit in a chair with ankle crossed over knee, ankle and toes flexed.
2. Full Strip 1 : Tear and remove the backing paper 2 inches from one end to create a starting anchor. Apply the anchor with no stretch on the ball of the foot. Hold anchor in place with one hand. With a moderate stretch, apply strip along bottom of foot to heel. With no stretch, apply the remaining strip up the back of the heel. Rub the strip to activate adhesion.
3. Half Strip 1 : Tear and remove the backing paper 2 inches from one end to create a starting anchor. With the strip directed toward the bottom of the foot, apply the anchor with no stretch on the outside of the foot, just in front of the heel. Hold anchor in place with one hand. With a moderate stretch, apply strip across bottom of foot toward inside of ankle, directly over point of pain and just ahead of bottom of heel. Apply the last 2 inches with no stretch on the inside of the foot, above the inner ankle bone. Rub the strip to activate adhesion.
Also Check: Advil Or Ibuprofen For Back Pain
What Are The Symptoms Of Lower Back Pain
People suffering from lower back pain often describe dull and aching pain between their pelvis and rib cage. Additionally, people can also experience a range of other symptoms, including:
Burning, stinging, or sharp pain
Mild to severe muscle spasms
Aches in the hips and pelvis
Sciatica is another type of lower back pain caused by irritation of the sciatic nerve. Sciatica symptoms include lower back pain that radiates to the buttocks, legs, and feet. Those suffering from sciatica pain describe it as a sharp, stinging, tingling, or numb sensation that usually affects only one side of the body through the hips, thighs, lower legs, and/or feet.
People experiencing lower back pain also have different triggers. For instance, some may experience increasing lower back pain after long periods of sitting, poor posture, or bending forward. For others, movement such as walking or stretching can temporarily relieve lower back pain but can return when performing these aggravating activities.
Some lower back pain conditions may increase or decrease pain depending on body position. For example, supporting your weight by leaning on a shopping cart can ease the pain when standing. Others place pillows around their body in bed to ease pressure while sleeping. Examining how changing positions relates to comfort level can help identify the underlying cause of pain.
Closing Thoughts From Dr Tali
Remember, KT tape is merely a tool in the arsenal of drug-free therapies. Developing a chiropractic treatment plan to heal the root cause of pain is important when employing any tool designed for temporary relief. If you are in our area, we look forward to joining you in the pursuit of wellness. At Radiant Health Chiropractic, our goal is get you back to the business of pain-free living.
Don’t Miss: Back Pain Advil
How To Apply Kt Tape For Wrist Pain
Youll need: 1 full strip, 1 half strip
1. Full Strip 1 : Tear and remove the backing paper 2 inches from one end to create a starting anchor. Hold arm straight forward in front of body. With no stretch, apply anchor on the back of the hand, directing the strip up forearm. Hold hand with palm down and wrist flexed forward, fingers pointed to floor. With a light stretch, apply the strip along forearm, finishing before elbow joint. Apply the last 2 inches with no stretch. Rub the strip to activate adhesion.
2. Half Strip 1 : Tear and remove the backing paper 2 inches from one end to create a starting anchor. With no stretch, apply the anchor at thumb joint on side of wrist. With a moderate stretch, apply the middle of Half Strip 1 across back of wrist. Apply the last 2 inches with no stretch on opposite side of wrist. Avoid overlapping the strip ends to prevent compression. Rub the strip to activate adhesion.
Choosing Your Kinesiology Tape
Looking for the best kinesiology tape? There are several brands of tape, but here are a few reasons why we think TheraBand Kinesiology Tape is the best choice.
Choose between 4 sizes. Whether youre an athlete or a large clinic, weve got the right size for you.
Recommended Reading: Advil Good For Back Pain