Popular Opove M3 Pro Deep Tissue Massage Gun That Employs Vibration Therapy To Reduce Stiffness And Pain In Back Muscles
Verified Review: “I was once skeptical about this product but I have to say I am a believer now. After days of heavy back squats and deadlifts leading to some considerable knee pain stretching, foam rollers, and hand rollers only did so much. A few minutes with this at the end of my quads ended that muscle tension. This unit seems very well built and sturdy. The noise is also quiet for a machine working this hard. I am extremely happy with this purchase and I think you will be too.”
Quiet Glide technology ensures quiet and optimal performance at 3200 rpm
Ergonomic design makes it very easy to use and handle.
Nylon + fiber anti-drop shell ensures the product can easily withstand accidental drops
Built-in rechargeable battery guarantees 3 hours of operation on a single charge
Comes with a carrying case for easy storage and movement.
The OPOVE M3 Pro Deep Tissue Massage Gun delivers strong pulses into muscle tissues. Aside from being very effective for pain relief, some users say this deep massage gun feels good as hell. Will this make a perfect back pain gift for your loved ones? Hell yeah!
Its equipped with a brushless high-torque motor that employs a Quiet Glide technology to deliver deep vibration to sore muscles. For less than $200, this device is more than worth it if youre looking for the perfect gifts for back pain.
How To Choose A Cbd Cream
People may wish to consider several factors before purchasing CBD cream, such as:
- COA: A person should only purchase CBD products from companies with COAs available for their products. These certificates verify that the products ingredient lists are correct and that the ingredients are generally not harmful to individuals.
- Ingredients: CBD creams may have different ingredients, such as camphor for a warming feel or menthol for a cooling effect.
- Spectrum type: CBD products typically come in full-spectrum and broad-spectrum formulas. Both contain cannabis plant extracts. However, full-spectrum CBD contains up to 0.3% THC, while broad-spectrum products do not contain any THC. A third type, CBD isolate is pure CBD and contains no other cannabis plant compounds.
Strengthen Your Back With Exercise
Exercise regularly to maintain stability, range of motion and a heathy weight. Well talk about targeted back exercise in just a bit, but its important to know that exercise of any type can help you build muscle strength.
Many people with chronic back pain see improvement with physical activity. If you sit most of the time at your job, be sure to get up every hour and move around. If your old go-to exercises arent as enjoyable because they make your back hurt, explore alternatives.
Exercises that are soft on your joints, like water aerobics and yoga, are popular exercises for people with back pain. Look for low-impact exercises offered at your local community center or gym. Your local public school may also offer open swim times or other community classes.
Recommended Reading: Where To Go For Back Pain
Who Gets Back Pain
Anyone can have back pain however, several factors increase your risk. Risk factors increase your chance of developing back pain and can include:
- Fitness level: Back pain is more common among people who are not physically fit. For example, weak back and stomach muscles may not properly support the spine. Back pain is also more likely if you exercise too strenuously after being inactive for a while.
- Weight gain: A diet high in calories and fat, combined with an inactive lifestyle, can lead to obesity. This can put stress on the back.
- Job-related risk factors: Jobs that require heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, or twisting can injure the back. A desk job may also play a role, especially if you have poor posture or sit all day in an uncomfortable chair.
- Age: Back pain becomes more common with age, particularly after the age of 45.
- Heredity: Genetics play a role in some disorders that cause back pain.
Back Surgery For Severe Back Pain Relief
Back surgery is typically recommended when other, more conservative treatments arent able to help you feel better. Back surgery can be used to treat herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, spine injuries and even severe lower back pain. When its done under the right circumstances and at the right time, back surgery can be an effective long-term solution for chronic back pain.
Recommended Reading: Why Do I Have Severe Back Pain
Maintain Correct Posture During Activities
To protect your lower back from injury, its important to maintain proper posture when performing physical activitiesespecially if you play sports or have a job that requires repetitive motions. Avoid slouching as much as possible and aim to keep your spine erect. When lifting, bend and straighten from the knees, not the waist. And be sure to move your hips when twisting from side to side.
Common Causes Of Chronic Back Pain
Chronic back painis usually age-related, but can also result from a prior injury. The mostcommon causes include:
- Arthritis of the spinethe gradual thinning of the cartilage inside the spine
- Spinal stenosisnarrowing of the spinal canal that may lead to nerve pain
- Disc problems, such as a herniated or bulging disc
- Myofascial pain syndromeunexplained muscle pain and tenderness
In some cases, its difficult to pinpoint the cause of chronic back pain.If your doctor has exhausted all diagnostic options, its time to seek asecond opinion from a back pain specialist, recommends Nava. Itsimportant not to make rushed decisions or undergo extensive medicalprocedures until the origin of the pain is found. Not only may they nothelp they could make the pain worse, warns Nava.
If the source of the pain is not known or cant be treated, your bestoption may be to work with your doctor on reducing the flare-ups and makingthe pain manageable with nonsurgical treatments.
Back Pain Causes and Treatments Webinar | Stephanie Van, M.D.
Chronic back pain is a persistent source of discomfort for many adults. In this webinar, our expert Stephanie Van, M.D., discusses common causes of back pain along with strategies for relief.
Don’t Miss: How To Fix Nerve Pain In Back
Cover Someone In Weighted Pain Relief
iReliev have placed light weights inside this mat and covered it in plush microfibers.
Heating up in just a few seconds, the pad will automatically switch off after 90 minutes so you dont have to worry if the warmth soothes you to sleep.
You get an easy to use controller, with three heat therapy settings, so you can position the heating pad where you need it, then sit back comfortably.
iReliev describe this pad as king-size comfort and theyre not wrong! Measuring 24 x 12 you get excellent coverage.
Chiropractic Care For Back Pain
It may take several types of tests including x-rays, MRIs, and blood tests, to determine the exact cause of your back pain.
And you may need more than one expert managing your back pain.
It really just depends on your specific situation and the amount of damage that has occurred in your spine.
But for back sprains, strains, and even herniated discs, a visit to your local chiropractor may be all it takes to start feeling better.
You May Like: What Does Arthritis In Your Lower Back Feel Like
What Causes Lower Back Pain During Running
Low back problems can include aching lower back muscles, tightness in the lower back and pain upon trunk bending or twisting. Discomfort can occur before, during and after a run. Lower back pain is often the cause or result of a number of problems, such as muscle tightness, muscle imbalance or improper running technique.
How can running cause lower back pain?
If you have existing back problems, running can make them worse. If you run when you have degenerative disk disease, you are more likely to develop severe lower back pain. Running with pre-existing conditions may cause inflammation in the back muscles and lead to pinched nerves or other back injuries.
Lower Back Pain And Cancer
Cancer involving the lumbar spine is not a common cause of back pain. However, in people who have a prior history of cancer, for example, in the breast or prostate, or who have weight loss or loss of appetite along with back pain cancer needs to be considered.
Night pain can be a clue to cancer in the spine. A benign tumor called osteoid osteoma, which most often affects young people, causes pain that tends to respond well to aspirin. Multiple myeloma is a malignancy that occurs when the plasma cells in the bone marrow begin spreading uncontrollably. It is most common in older people, and can cause pain in many parts of the spine. When tumor or infection are suspected, blood tests may be ordered, including a CBC , sedimentation rate , and protein electrophoresis .
Recommended Reading: What Kind Of Mattress Should I Get For Back Pain
The Importance Of An Accurate Diagnosis
The physician will need to take a careful medical history and do a physical exam to look for certain red flags that indicate the need for an X-ray or other imaging test. In most cases, however, imaging such as X-ray, MRI , or CT scan is unnecessary.
There may also be certain clues in a patients medical history. Low back, nonradiating pain is commonly due to muscle strain and spasm. Pain that radiates into the buttock and down the leg may be due to , a condition in which a bulging disc presses on the sciatic nerve, which extends down the spinal column to its exit point in the pelvis and carries nerve fibers to the leg. This nerve compression causes pain in the lower back radiating through the buttocks and down one leg, which can go to below the knee, often combined with localized areas of numbness. In the most extreme cases, the patient experiences weakness in addition to numbness and pain, which suggests the need for quick evaluation.
A persistent shooting or tingling pain may suggest lumbar disc disease. A pain that comes and goes, reaching a peak and then quieting for a minute or two, only to reach a peak again, may suggest an altogether different cause of back pain, such as a kidney stone.
When tumor or infection are suspected, the doctor may order blood tests, including a CBC and sedimentation rate .
Relax On A Bed Of Hot Gemstones
The Far Infrared Amethyst Mini Mat is just as luxurious as it sounds.
Lie back on 15 layers of jewelry grade Korean and Brazilian natural amethyst crystals as the mat helps to relieve tight muscles and painful knots.
The amethyst crystals are thought to have healing powers, and are crushed and polished to produce far infrared rays.
Those with back problems reported vastly improved sleep and general relief from daily pain.
Its certainly a big ticket gift but one that seems to promise the recipient a great nights sleep.
Don’t Miss: Can Large Fibroids Cause Back Pain
A Massage Tool And Lotion In One
Cant decide between a back massage tool or muscle relaxing lotion?
Get both in this great little product from KOA+ROY.
This all-natural cube contains pain-relieving essential oils including bergamot, cedarwood, eucalyptus and mint.
Theyre blended with plant-based butters to create a nourishing and soothing texture .
Your loved one can use the flat side to moisture their skin and the cube corners to massage achy muscles, activating the oils.
Handmade in the US, its a unique gift for someone looking to manage their pain in a natural way.
Which Type Of Doctor Should I Visit For Lower Back Pain
From temporary aches to disabling chronic pain, lower back pain affects millions of people each year. According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, about 80% of people will experience lower back pain at some time in their lives. There are many kinds of back specialists, so if you’re asking yourself, “Which type of doctor should I visit for lower back pain?,” you’ll want to read on.
Don’t Miss: What Type Of Doctor Should You See For Back Pain
What Happens During A Back Injection
All types of spinal injections are performed in a similar manner. Because the injections are placed in the intricate, complex spinal area, doctors use a type of X-ray known as fluoroscopy. Fluoroscopy allows doctors to continuously see inside the spine to ensure the injection is placed properly. Once the needle is in place, a dye is injected first. This dye moves into the body and is visible on the X-ray.
If the dye isnt flowing into the correct location, your medical team will reposition the needle and reinject dye until its certain the needle is in the correct place to inject the medication.
Following a back injection, your doctor will advise whether you need to take special precautions or follow-up treatments.
Examining Back Pain In Kids
Your childs doctor will first complete a physical examination of your child, which may include physical movements like bending to touch toes or twisting, and will ask several questions to determine the cause and location of the pain. Your childs doctor may also recommend additional tests, such as:
Once our pediatric spine specialists determine the specific injury or cause of your childs back pain, we may suggest treatment. Below are examples of treatment based on common sources of back pain in children:
You May Like: How To Help Back Pain While Sleeping
What Should I Know About Back Pain
Back pain is a very common problem and will affect many of us at some point during our lives.
The good news is that in most cases it isnt a serious problem, and it might just be caused by a simple strain to a muscle or ligament.
As far as possible, its best to continue with your normal everyday activities as soon as you can and to keep moving.
Being active and exercising wont make your back pain worse, even if you have a bit of pain and discomfort at first. Staying active will help you get better. Taking painkillers can help you do this.
Best In Class Tens Unit
Why not give someone the gift of TENS therapy?
After testing a number of TENS units on the market, the iReliev Wireless TENS + EMS Therapeutic Wearable System came out on top.
Read the full review of the unit to discover all the features, however we have to say that the wireless functionality sets it apart from the competition.
It means the unit can be used on the go without anyone knowing, which is ideal for anyone who struggles with back pain at work or while traveling.
The iReliev Wireless unit has 16 different programs and 25 intensity levels so its easy to find a satisfying combination.
Plus it has fully isolated channels, meaning that settings can be tailored to different areas or sides of the body.
What Causes Lower Back Pain
Many injuries, conditions and diseases can cause lower back pain. They include:
- Strains and sprains: Back strains and sprains are the most common cause of back pain. You can injure muscles, tendons or ligaments by lifting something too heavy or not lifting safely. Some people strain their back by sneezing, coughing, twisting or bending over.
- Fractures: The bones in the spine can break during an accident, like a car crash or a fall. Certain conditions increase the risk of fractures.
- Disk problems: Disks cushion the vertebrae . Disks can bulge from their position in the spine and press on a nerve. They can also tear . With age, disks can get flatter and offer less protection .
- Structural problems: A condition called spinal stenosis happens when the spinal column is too narrow for the spinal cord. Something pinching the spinal cord can cause severe sciatic nerve pain and lower back pain. Scoliosis can lead to pain, stiffness and difficulty moving.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis to cause lower back pain. Ankylosing spondylitis causes lower back pain, inflammation and stiffness in the spine.
- Disease:Spine tumors, infections and several types of cancer can cause back pain. Other conditions can cause back pain, too. These include kidney stones and abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Spondylolisthesis: This condition causes the vertebrae in the spine to slip out of place. Spondylolisthesis leads to low back pain and often leg pain as well.
Other Types Of Diagnosis
- A chiropractor will diagnose through touch, or palpation, and a visual examination. Chiropractic is known as a direct approach, with a strong focus on adjusting the spinal joints. A chiropractor may also want to see the results of imaging scans and any blood and urine tests.
- An osteopath also diagnoses through palpation and visual inspection. Osteopathy involves slow and rhythmic stretching, known as mobilization, pressure or indirect techniques, and manipulation of joints and muscles.
- A physical therapist focuses on diagnosing problems in the joints and soft tissues of the body.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Best Bed To Buy For Back Pain