Your Purple Mattress Got Old
If you have done everything in your hands and if you have an old purple mattress then maybe its time to change your mattress.
Because lots of mattresses lose their ability to give you proper support over time when its getting old.
If your mattress is more than 10 years old then you need to change the mattress with a new one.
If your mattress is not old then you can try to sleep in different positions on your purple mattress and try adding a foam mattress pad to make it more comfortable.
Are Memory Foam Mattresses Good For Back Pain
Memory foam mattresses are often touted as the best option for back pain, and they certainly can be, thanks to their balance of support and cushioning. However, choosing the right firmness is essential. If you go this route, find a mattress made with high-quality, dense memory foam designed to provide ample support. Keep in mind that many inexpensive memory foam mattresses are too plush to keep the spine properly aligned, which can actually worsen your back and joint pain.
How To Choose The Best Mattress For Back Pain
Not all mattresses are created equal. There are many different types of mattresses you can choose from. From in-store mattresses to online mattresses, hybrid mattresses to memory foam mattresses, even different firmness options, you have many options to consider as you look for a mattress to help with your back pain.
The most important thing to consider when looking for a mattress is what will help alleviate or prevent future back pain. We recommend always talking with your doctor about how to best take care of back pain, but you can also find a few suggestions and factors to look for in getting a mattress that can help.
Also Check: What Kind Of Doctor Treats Back Muscle Pain
Medical News Todays Methodology
MNT chooses mattresses, sheets, pillows, and other bedding that meet the following criteria:
- Certifications:MNT will choose products that have CertiPUR-US or other certifications. This means that the products are low in pollutants and free from heavy metals and volatile organic compounds.
- Size: MNT chooses products that are available in various sizes.
- Materials and fill:MNT selects products made from different materials and fills, such as memory foam and latex, to suit a range of sleep and lifestyles.
- Budget: MNT features products to suit a wide range of budgets.
- Firmness: MNT selects mattresses available in a range of firmness options to suit most peoples sleeping styles.
- Sleep trials:MNT chooses companies that offer a sleep trial.
- Shipping: Where possible, MNT will include shipping information, such as where the company delivers to and whether shipping is free.
- Warranties and return policies: MNT will include products with warranties and clear returns policies.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
What Is The Best Type Of Mattress For Side
Most side-sleepers do well with a medium-soft to medium mattress, which should provide enough cushiness to relieve pressure on their hips and shoulders but enough support to keep their spinal alignment in check. People with back pain, however, ideally need a mattress that feels medium-firm, which is likelier to ease their aches and pains than a softer bed. We do suggest some slightly firmer mattresses for side-sleepers who require more support, and we think one of them will hit the sweet spot for back-pain sufferers who regularly sleep in that position.
If youre a side-sleeper with back pain, start by considering the Saatva Classic or Leesa Sapira Hybrid. These mattresses are still medium-firm, but weve found that theyre relatively plusher than the others, especially after a break-in period. If youre not sure about your firmness preferences, the flippable Zenhaven gives you two options to choose from, with one side slightly more pliable than the other. Finally, although the Tempur-Adapt Medium Hybrid feels firm, it also has a uniquely contouring memory-foam sink, and it should adequately cushion shoulders and hips for side-sleepers, too. Keep in mind that firmness level is subjective, so we strongly suggest trying the mattress before you buy, if you can, or paying close attention to the trial window so you can return the mattress if it doesnt feel right.
You May Like: How To Massage Lower Back Pain
Moving A Purple Mattress Is A Two
Its likely that youll need someone to help carry your new mattress to the bed and lift it onto the bed platform.
Purple mattresses are heavy, especially the larger sizes, which can weigh 200 pounds. When its first delivered, the mattress comes compressed in a big roll with carrying straps on the package to make it easier for two people to carry.
If youre moving, Purple has moving tips on how to wrap and carry your mattress for short and long-distance moves or storage.
Consider Your Pillow If You Are Experiencing Back Pain
Back pain is a common problem that can interfere with your daily activities. While there are many potential causes of back pain, one often overlooked factor is your pillow.
If you are experiencing chronic back pain, it may be time to consider switching to a pillow that better supports your spine.
A good pillow should support your neck and head while cushioning your pressure points.
It should also be adjustable to find the perfect level of support, regardless of your sleeping position.
Its worth finding a pillow that will help you get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and pain-free.
You May Like: How To Choose The Right Memory Foam Mattress
You May Like: What Is The Reason For Back Neck Pain
Best For Lighter Weighted People With Pain In The Back Layla
If youre a lighter weighted individual then a mattress that is made for a heavier individual will not be good for you. It is essential to get a mattress that is right for your weight. If you are likewise suffering from back pain, this is especially real.
Typically speaking, many lighter weighted individuals prefer mattresses that are medium-soft. Foam mattresses can usually feel too hard and result in an uneasy nights sleep.
If youre a light-weight sleeper then here in our mattress for neck and back pain evaluation, we have found a terrific service for you.
The Layla mattress is a flippable mattress with two degrees of firmness. One side has actually been crafted to be soft, while the other side is medium-firm.
The softer side is constructed of a three-inch comfort layer and is terrific if you sleep on your side or back. This softer side measures at a 4 out of 10, that makes it a medium-soft sided mattress.
While the firmer side has a one-inch convenience layer and is usually good for those who sleep on their stomach, if youre presently suffering from neck and back pain then this firmer side may provide you with much better support. This side measures around 7-8 out of 10 on the firmness scale, making it medium-firm.
One of the terrific things about picking a Layla mattress if youre a light weighted individual is that once your pain in the back has actually gone you can try turning over to the softer side to see if thats much better for you.
Best Mattress For Back Pain 2022
Purple offers a unique and comfortable mattress for all your back pain needs. With our patented GelFlex Grid technology, you’ll sleep better than ever. We know how important sleep is, especially comfortable sleep. And if you suffer from back pain, it can prevent you from getting the best sleep possible. This is why we designed our mattresses to support nearly any sleep position, comfort preference, and price range. When you get a Purple mattress, you get quality sleep.
Read Also: What Is Good For Gas Pain In Your Back
How To Get Rid Of Purple Mattress Causing Back Pain
If youre experiencing back pain after buying a purple mattress, youre not alone. Many people have found that the soft and bouncy material used in the mattress can lead to discomfort and even serious back problems.
Luckily, there are a few things you can do to minimize the effects of the purple mattress on your spine.
First, try using a firmer pillow. This will help keep your neck in alignment with your spine while you sleep. You might also want to experiment with different sleeping positions until you find one that is comfortable and doesnt put a strain on your back.
Finally, make sure to exercise regularly. This will help keep your muscles strong and support your spine when you eventually sleep on the purple mattress again.
What Makes The Nectar Stand Out
- The Nectar should work for back sleepers and side sleepers, although combination sleepers may find it a little difficult to change positions.
- It does a great job of isolating motion, so if you sleep with a partner, you likely wont be disturbed by their movements throughout the night.
- The mattress is topped with a cooling cover and includes gel-infused memory foam to help you sleep cool.
Read our full Nectar mattress review.
If you suffer from back pain, its important to invest in a mattress that is going to properly support your spine. The Helix Midnight Luxe is a hybrid mattress that was designed with proper spinal support in mind. It has zoned support, which means its firmer at the center and softer at the head and foot this construction helps keep your spine in a nice, straight line. Another perk of the Midnight Luxe is that it has a pillow top, so youll feel some gentle cushioning that can also help relieve pain.
Also Check: What To Do To Get Rid Of Lower Back Pain
Is Purple Right For You
The Purple Mattress brand worked on their patented Purple Grid design for 25 years. The Hyper-Elastic Polymer relieves pressure points and offers consistent support without building up heat like memory foam. If youre looking for consistent pressure relief and cooling in an online mattress, the Purple Mattress brand may be right for you.
We recommend trying one out in a showroom if possible, since the feel of Hyper-Elastic Polymer is unlike any other material on the market today. If it doesnt seem right for you, there are plenty of Purple mattress alternatives to consider.
- The proprietary Hyper-Elastic Polymer fashioned into the Purple Grid makes the Purple Mattresses some of the most cooling on the market
- Purple guarantees their beds to last for 10 years, with some customers reporting they last beyond that
- You can use the Purple Mattresses on almost any non-spring foundation, including slatted frames, adjustable beds, or the floor
- Purple sells foundations, blankets, sheets, pillows, and almost anything else you can think of to make your bedroom complete, making shopping for a new bedroom setup easy and convenient
- Purples mattresses can be outside the budget range of many customers
- Purple requires customers to try out their bed for at least 21 nights before returning it for a refund
How Does The Purple Mattress Feel
On the firmness scale, with one being the softest and 10 being the firmest, the Purple falls at a 6.5 out of 10, which is categorized as a medium-firm mattress. This firmness level suits most types of sleepers. Personally, I like how balanced the Purple feels. It offers a nice combination of comfort and support.
The cover of the mattress is super soft and I really noticed the grid’s unique material when I would get into bed. It makes the mattress ultra-bouncy and responsiveif you plop down on this bed after a long day, expect it to spring right back up.
Is Purple Mattress Good For Back Pain Here Are The Best Mattress Brands
What’s Our Pick For The Most Comfortable Mattress?We Update This Frequently For The Best Mattresses and Deals You Can To See Our Current Favorite.
Choosing the best mattress for your budget and sleep is more simple than ever, because there are so many top mattresses to choose from today. We are aware of this because we have spent hundreds of hours reviewing the latest models, which include tried and tested classics that have stood through the years. We have slept on these mattresses and studied feedback from thousands of reviews, leading us to rank the very top mattresses available to help to find the perfect mattress. Is Purple Mattress Good For Back Pain
Our expert best mattress guide will provide everything you need to help you make the right decision, with mattresses that can be adapted to all budgets, ranging from inexpensive and fun to total hotel luxury in your own bedroom. If you are in need of continuous pressure relief or are experiencing back or neck pain, consider those memory foam beds listed below. Hybrids are a good choice for this, since they combine the body-cradling magic of foam with the support of coils. Weve also found solid cooling mattresses that are suitable for sleepers who are hot, and organic models that are non-toxic and allergy friendly. Proper spinal support and full body comfort are our top requirements, so we expect this from each mattress below.
Construction: Whats In The Purple
This bed-in-a-box brand is 9.5 inches tall. The cover extends over three layers and features a SoftFlex material composed of Polyester, Viscose, and Lycra that the company says better complements the unique feel of the comfort grid. The covers soft material allows it to not only adapt to both your movements and those of the grid, but it is also a breathable design.
- Below the cover is Purples signature 2-inch Hyper-Elastic Polymer grid that the brand calls pressure-erasing. It is highly durable, provides comfort, and protects the layers beneath. In addition, the structure allows it to release and equalize pressure across the grid, which evenly distributes weight. When pressure does not need to be released, the Purple grid holds its upright form to provide support. Purples hybrid version builds upon this construction by adding coils below the grid, and according to the brand, their coils do not cause the squeaking sound commonly associated with springs.
- The middle consists of 3.5 inches of medium-soft polyurethane foam. In addition to acting as a comfort layer, it helps to create a smooth transition from the top to the base layers.
- The base layer is a 4-inch medium-firm support level made from polyurethane foam. The layer gives the bed shape and durability.
Recommended Reading: How To Relieve Lower Back Pain During Pregnancy
Mattress Recommendations For Heavyweight Sleepers
Its always important to consider ones size and weight when searching for a mattress customers want to make sure that their new mattress will properly support heavier weights.
This is even more important when discussing mattresses for back pain, as larger people require even more support under their lumbar area so that they dont get out of alignment. Out of these 10 mattresses, three really stand out among the rest for heavier sleepers.
- Helix: Although we recommended the Helix Midnight Luxe, heavier sleepers should seek out the Helix Plus, the brands bed designed specifically with larger people in mind. It has that medium firmness that those with back pain should be searching for, but is also incredibly supportive and offers the necessary lumbar support.
- Saatva: This is also a fantastic match because it features a nice balance of comfort and support. Heavier back sleepers should receive excellent lumbar support, with the mattress conforming to the curves of their body. As for heavier side sleepers, their hips should sink in the right amount, and the memory foam should press up to fill in their gaps and keep the spine in proper neutral alignment.
- WinkBed: With its supportive coils and plush top, heavier people should also find the WinkBed to be a good fit. Specifically, they should consider the WinkBed Plus, which has high-density Body Impression-Proof foam and even more support in its coils.
RELATED: Best Mattresses for Heavy People
The Very Best Memory Foam Cushion Reviews & Buying Guide Is Purple Mattress Good For Back Pain
The very best memory foam mattress testimonials are an exceptional area for you to begin your search for the best bed. They are likewise a fantastic means to contrast various kinds of mattresses and overview what attributes each one has.
There is currently no single mattress that will certainly match every persons requirements, so it is vital to discover a bed that fits your particular demands.
Read Also: Do Inversion Tables Work For Lower Back Pain
What Is Back Pain
Most of us know when our back is giving us issues, but what is really happening here behind the scenes?
According to the National Institute of Arthritis And Musculoskeletal And Skin Diseases, back pain is one of the most common medical problems in the U.S it can range from a dull, constant ache to a sudden, sharp pain that makes it hard to move.
Surveys from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke found that about 80 percent of Americans will struggle with back pain at some point in their lifetimes this potentially helps explain why back pain is the fifth most common reason people go to the doctor. At the same time, many pain sufferers do not see a doctor because of pride, money issues, or other reasons.
The Mayo Clinic describes back pain symptoms as:
- Pain that radiates down the leg
- Pain that worsens with bending, lifting, standing, or walking
- Pain that improves with reclining
The Mayo Clinic also defines two types of back pain: acuteand chronic. Acute back pain occurs when symptoms last between a few days and a few weeks if the symptoms last for over 12 weeks, this is considered chronic back pain.